DEVELOPING COMMUNITIES THROUGH ENTERPRISE
20 and older (targeting specifically the women in the PHA)
- Develop the unemployed ladies in the PHA with specific skills and training in CMT (Cut, Make, Trim), the utilization of the requisite equipment such as sewing machines and overlockers
- This training will enable them to either be employed by us, or seek employment with quantifiable skills that is relevant in the South African market.
- This training will be executed by industry experts
- This workshop will produce basic clothing items and other market related necessities (end-to-end)
- This workshop will employ ladies from the PHA who have gone through our training programmes, and this will give them a stable income
- An additional employment opportunity exists in taking the products to the market
- Some of the basic clothing items, which will be produced, will be sold directly to the community, with a commision being given to the sales person.
- Equipping adults within the PHA with skills to be able to better support their families.
- Profits from this enterprise will be utilized to sustain the NGO’s operations